Club Rules, Procedures and Guidelines
- All members must comply with the club rules, procedures and guidelines in the interest of safety.
- Only registered club members are permitted to participate on Grade A/Grade B hillwalks.
- Beginners or inexperienced hillwalkers should commence with Grade C walks.
- A member shall complete a minimum of two Grade C walks before embarking on a Grade B walk.
- Please sign a walk registration form prior to commencing a walk, and sign out on completion.
- All members must follow the instructions and advice of the leaders at all times. This is to ensure the safety and welfare of all members while participating on walks.
- Remain with the group until the walk is complete.
- Any accidents, incidents, mishaps etc. should be reported to the leaders immediately.
- Proper gear must be worn at all times during walks, especially during the winter months. Click here for more information.
- No denims or trainers may be worn on club hillwalks.
- New members can participate as guests on initial walks (C walks or low level walks), but they must be registered with the Club/Moutaineering Ireland for subsequent walks.
- Members are registered and insured with Mountaineering Ireland. Insurance cover is extremely limited. Essentially, all members are participating at their own risk. Midleton Hillwalking Club takes no responsibility for injuries, mishaps etc. whilst members are participating on club walks.
- Midleton Hillwalking Club is affiliated to Mountaineering Ireland. Membership currently costs only €45 per year. The membership year runs from 30th Oct - 01 Nov each year.
- Members from other clubs must produce a current Mountaineering Ireland card on request.
- Children are not permitted on club walks, all participants must be aged 18 or over.
- Dogs are not permitted on club walks.
- To cut down on travel expenses, members mostly car-pool from the main meeting point at the car park outside Maxi Zoo in the Retail Park/Market Green in Midleton. The normal practice is €5 per passenger for short journeys (up to 50 miles) and €10 for medium journeys (50 miles +). This applies to A/B/C walks.
Approved at AGM 14th October 2019